In October 2019, Mcorp was appointed by Clevertronics Pty Ltd, to project manage, plan and undertake the relocation of their warehouse/factory and offices in Moorabbin to their new site in Scoresby.
Mcorp developed a project management plan that enabled the company to meet an aggressive end-of-year transition timeline while ensuring the continuity of manufacturing operations. We began by working closely with company management to create a high-level plan, associated duration estimates with each part of that plan, and arranged these parts in order to provide a program for project completion.
The warehouse/factory consisting of approximately 21 specialist machines was successfully relocated over 19 working days and with minimal disruption to production. The machinery was systematically disconnected (to suit the production needs), dismantled as required, packed, secured and loaded to transport and relocated. Accurately conducted dismantling processes ensured that the re-assembly was as smooth as possible.
Factory and Office
No. of Staff
- Project management of the relocation with a dedicated single point of contact move co-ordinator for the total duration of the relocation project - Hayley Carlson
- Preparation of a relocation strategy for the warehouse/factory and the office/business units being relocated
- Audit and documentation of the condition of machinery/equipment being relocated
- Development of a schedule for the order and timing of the machinery/equipment relocation including testing and commissioning requirements and durations
- Liaison with architects to obtain the latest and accurate layout drawings of the current and new site
- Weekly communications and meetings with customer stakeholders for updates on the progress and any foreseeable issues
- Regular communications and meetings with specialist relocation contractors to ensure the progression of requirements were met, possible issues were eliminated, and deadlines were clear. By contacting each contractor regularly, flexibility against any contractor adjustments was achieved without detrimental effects
- Planning and running briefing sessions for all staff prior to relocation
- Management of pre-relocation safety and site condition inspections at uplift and delivery
- Identification of project risks, including potential access restrictions, and implementation of a management strategy
- On site supervision and co-ordination of disassembly and reassembly of equipment and moving of heavy equipment and machinery
- De-installation of racking which was done in stages to ensure that the warehouse was functional throughout the process
- Re-installation of racking in accordance with approved plans
- Planning and engagement of moving the server hardware
- Planning and movement of staff computers (Including audit, disconnection and reconnection), checking access to the server and cable management
- Post move after each relocation stage, including next day IT support.
- Factory make-good.